Wednesday 4 June 2014

Success Story: Asad Pirzada - Field Engineer at Schlumberger

Asad Pirzada










Field Engineer at Schlumberger
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, UET Lahore (2007-2011)

Q) How did you join Schlumberger, what was the process?

Schlumberger HR approached our department in year 2011. Chair Mechanical Engineering Department provided us with that I.D and instructed us to apply for the post of Field Engineer.

Q) In your opinion, which key qualities did you have which enabled you to join Schlumberger?
Two basic things, other than having strong faith in Allah Almighty, are your confidence level and communication skills.

Q) What have been some of the key achievements of your professional life & student life so far?           
I am on my way to achieve something huge, the most encouraging thing is; that I am on a right way to achieve my targets.

Q) Did you work at some other company before Schlumberger? If so, then which was it? What about internships?
I did my internships in;
  1. Attock Oil Refinary.
  2. Honda Atlas Cars Pvt. Ltd.
  3. Packages Ltd.
  4. Schlumberger.

I worked for a couple of month in a consultancy firm, Carbon services before joining Schlumberger.

Q) What are the best parts & not to good parts that you have experienced in your job?
Working at Schlumberger is most challenging, particularly at the start. Sometimes you have to stay away from your family and a friend for long period. Social life is greatly affected.

The good thing is you have to travel a lot within and outside the country; you tend to explore the world and see different people from different culture on day-to-day basis, this thing always motivates me in my career.

Q) What advice can you give to others who want to join Schlumberger?
If you are looking for a excellent learning career join Schlumberger.

 Contact Information 
Cell # +92-343-4453455
Email ID: asad_063@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment