Friday 18 July 2014

Muhammad Tayyab Hanif - Engineer In-charge Downhole at Eastern Testing Services (ETS)


Muhammad Tayyab Hanif
Engineer In-Charge, Download at Eastern Testing Services (ETS)
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, UET Lahore (2004-2008)

 Q) How did you join ETS, what was the process?
I joined CNLC (China National Logging Corporation), a Chinese oilfield services company, in 2008 after my graduation. I worked there as well-testing engineer for 2.5 years and then in 2011 I got an offer from ETS to work with them. The position was offered to me based on the relevant experience and core competence in the required discipline.

Q) In your opinion, which key qualities did you have which enabled you to join ETS?
In my opinion it was smart work and focused approach towards the quality service providing, which is the core of oilfield services business.

Q) What have been some of the key achievements of your professional life & student life so far?        

  •  Secured FIRST position all over Asia Pacific in Humanitarian Shelter Design Contest (HSSDC), 2008 held by ASME.
  • Secured FIRST Position among all Engineering universities of Pakistan in NATIONAL ROBOT COMPETITION, 2007 organized by Toyota Indus Motors Company.
  • Received DR. A. Q. KHAN EXCELLENCE AWARD in year 2009 for extra ordinary achievements in engineering.
  • Received Outstanding Student Leader Award from ASME Pakistan in 2008.
  • Held office of Secretary General, ASME Pakistan during 2009-2012.
  • Presented and published a research paper on Oilfiled Service Quality Improvement in 19th ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering – CE2012, Trier (Germany )




Q) Did you work at some other company before ETS? If so, then which was it? What about internships?
Yes, I worked with CNLC for 2.5 years after graduation.
I did two internships during university period. The first one was with Nestle Pakistan in 2006 and the second one was with Dawood Hercules Chemicals in 2007. DH Chemicals graded my performance as Excellent and nominated me as the Best Internee of the Year. Besides that I did my FYP with DH Chemicals.

Q) What are the best parts & not to good parts that you have experienced in your job?
Well, I believe there are several good parts and a few not-good parts in my job. This job is challenging in all of its aspects, it teaches me a number of things, growth is good, salary compensations are good and last but not the least it involves travelling all around the beautiful places within the country and outside.

Q) What advice can you give to others who want to join ETS?
I would say your personality should be a portfolio of knowledge, sharpness and hard work. To build such portfolios, you have excellent platforms including the institutes/universities you are studying in along with the student societies like ASME, IEEE, Debating clubs etc. Do utilize these platforms and they will benefit you throughout your careers.

Contact Information
Cell # 03018551156

No comments:

Post a Comment